- Institutional Strengthening Project
- Shared Vision Program
- Applied Training Project
- Nile Trans-boundary Environmental Action Program
- Regional Power Trade
- Efficient Use of Water for Agriculture Project
- Water Resources Planning and Management Project
- Socio-Economic Development and Benefit Sharing
- Confidence Building and Stakeholder Involvement Project
- Shared Vision Program Coordination
The project aimed at development of information products that integrate technical water resources and water use data with other relevant data, including in particular demographic, socio-economic and environmental data. The assessed data, and their derived parameters and indicators, was assembled in a meaningful way and presented as graphical and cartographic products, widely using geographical information system (GIS) technology already established in the region. This data would be used by the governments of the Nile Basin states to take informed decisions with regard to water resources policy and management in the Nile Basin.
The project contributed to “achieve sustainable socio-economic development through the equitable utilization of, and benefit from, the common Nile Basin water resources”, as agreed in 1999 by the Council of Ministers of Water Affairs of the Nile Basin States. The project was carried out under the umbrella of the NBI and its institutions, and in close coordination and cooperation with other NBI projects under the Shared Vision and the Subsidiary Action Programmes.