- Kagera River TIWRM&D
- Kenya-Tanzania Power Interconnection
- Lake Edward and Albert Fishery Project
- Sio-Malaba-Malakisi River TIWRM&D
- Mara River TIWRM&D
- Regional agriculture trade and productivity
- Rusomo falls hydroelectric and multipurpose
Project Objective: The study on the Interconnection Project seeks to review the technical, financial, economic and environmental feasibility and to prepare investment documents of the following electricity interconnection projects: Lessons (Kenya) – Jinja (Uganda); Mbarara (Uganda) - Kigali (Rwanda); Rwegura (Burundi) - Kigoma (Rwanda); Goma (DR Congo-DRC)–Mukungwa (Rwanda) ; Bujumbura (Burundi) - Kiliba (DRC); upgrade existing voltage from 70 KV to 110 KV for the transmission lines Ruzizi1 (DRC) - Bujumbura (Burundi) and Ruzizi1 (DRC)-Goma (DR Congo).
Project Components: (i) Pre-feasibility, feasibility, detailed design and bidding documents as well as investment for all portions of the interconnection.