- Institutional Strengthening Project
- Shared Vision Program
- Applied Training Project
- Nile Trans-boundary Environmental Action Program
- Regional Power Trade
- Efficient Use of Water for Agriculture Project
- Water Resources Planning and Management Project
- Socio-Economic Development and Benefit Sharing
- Confidence Building and Stakeholder Involvement Project
- Shared Vision Program Coordination
The ISP is a mechanism for partner support to the three main NBI centres, which is viewed as a support process for building capacity of the NBI. It provides the bridging mechanism to sustain gains from the Shared Vision Program (SVP), and to begin the long process of NBI transition from project style of operation to a more permanent operation. The development objective of ISP is; “To strengthen NBI foundation for institutional sustainability, enhance capacity, and ensure harmonized corporate management to more effectively deliver programs and projects”.
The ISP period (2008 – 2012), provides NBI with the opportunity to consolidate and institutionalize cooperative gains, knowledge and capacity to-date, complete the first round of investment projects, streamline its focus on the core business of a river basin organization and ground its financial basis for sustainability. The project is to realize by March, 2012, the following four functional outcomes, and one administrative outcome, which will enable attainment of the overall impact of “NBI has strengthened foundation for institutional sustainability, enhanced capacity and harmonized corporate management to more effectively deliver programs and projects”.
- NBI will have strengthened governance structure and capacity to operate according to its mandate on a sustainable basis
- NBI will have enhanced foundation for knowledge-based integrated water resources management
- NBI will have strengthened and enhanced foundation for water resources development as well as its capability for delivering development projects.
- Key stakeholders will have improved understanding and involvement in Nile Basin issues
- NBI will successfully mange all SVP projects.